Thursday, January 21

Speech Stories #1

Last night was the registration/social/pre-tourney event.

Imagine lots of speech-debate kids running around with beans, cake, and dragging each other across a circle while talking, eating, and getting nervous for a qualifying tournament the next day.

Imagine a friend and I, walking out in the dark, bitter, windy night to find our mothers....

And all of a sudden the bush next to you begins to shake violently and from it comes the most horrible wailing sound.

(okay, I'm being a bit over dramatic here, but you'll have to forgive me, I've been at a tournament all day)

Anyway. You know me. I'm jumpy, blonde-ish, and rather gullible. But the first thought that came to my mind was "these are speech people. there is nothing odd about shaking, wailing bushes!" and I went about my way. (in case you are wondering, there was a kid back there. It was hilarious.)

More speech stories to come. If you think of it, please keep everyone in your prayers! Another long day ahead of us!

1 comment:

I love comments!