So! Today marked my first real, full-length tournament! Oh my goodness, I'm wiped out.
But...I'm strangely in this happy mood. It wasn't like quizzing, where I was wiped out, discouraged, and forcing myself into cheerfulness and positiveness to keep the tears away. (I refuse to cry over that quiz meet. I also refuse to let myself think about it. Enough on that.)
I LOVE speech. Even though I only have 2 events and only have to go once tomorrow, I am planning on staying all day just to watch, immerse myself, and probably time multiple rounds.
I'm hesitant to say that I have finally found a place (since we left church) where I really feel like myself. Because as soon as I let myself go, something happens.
But I am having So Much Fun! :) I mean literally. I am SO tired. But so happy. And it's not near as nerve racking, emotionally difficult, or as hard as...well, the quiz meet. Anyway.
I have to add that I love the people at speech. We're geeky, loud, and you'd probably freak if you wandered into a room with us, but I absolutely love how everyone can just be themselves and have so much fun together.
And I get to get up in the morning and do it all again tomorrow!! I'm so excited!!
I'm so excited for you, Hannah! I wish I could be there! You'll have to tell me all about it Monday!
ReplyDelete