Tuesday, May 25

Breaking My Heart

I saw the title of this song (by Robert Pierre) and I thought "Oh, great, a love song."

But that's far from what it is.



It's the joy...the choice to rejoice in heartbreak. God isn't breaking our heart like people do. He's molding us into the person He wants us to be, taking away the things we cling to so we can cling to Him instead the things of the world. It hurts. Oh, it hurts, so, so much. But it's beautiful - in such a painful way. It's...bittersweet.

You're breaking my heart - a little more every day.

There's little things that keep popping up in my life...sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller.

Knowing you don't belong there like you used to.
Seeing someone talk to someone else you really miss - who won't talk to you.
Little random, stupid memories that pop up in the most vivid pictures.
Watching two best friends together.
Not understanding how this could ever work out for the better.

Yet...there's this joy in knowing that there is something. Jesus is breaking my heart, He's pruning me to bear fruit for His glory. And it's so awfully painful but it's also so beautifully joyful. Because God doesn't just tear you away and then dump you. There are always joys in life, always beautiful, precious things to delight in - and He has blessed me not only with a few of those, but with some of the most amazing people to share it with me.

A dear friend of mine encouraged me the other night that sometimes seeds are planted when a huge fire or tornado comes in and carries them far away.

But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel...(Phil. 1:12)

I love how you are....breaking my heart. A little more, each day.

3 comments:

  1. Lèrowen aka HannahMay 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

    It's true. I beleive that almost everything is bittersweet. But it's the sweetness that makes the bitter bearable.

    Great blog.

    (You might not remember me but I meet you at that one speech tournament.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your comment made me smile! :) Your name isn't quite familiar yet...what speeches did you do/what tournament was it? I might remember you then. I met so many people at speech tournaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello!!!!! i am commenting on this to make your day..i hope it works. this is lily powell by the way (: i think it awesome you have a blog too....its really cool. well, see ya!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!