Saturday, May 22

Nationals! [part I]



New news! (I like that phrase. New News. Anyway.)

So, you remember my IO got an AL (at large) slot to Nationals. I had two other speeches at the regional tournament - one was a dramatic interp, and the other was a duo with my brother.

I didn't expect our duo to break to regionals much less the semi-finals in regionals. They took all the duo finalists to nationals plus two from the semi-finals. Unfortunately we weren't in the top two. But we were third.

No, we didn't qualify. Or get at large. (we only took this to one qualifier and placed 7th)

Buuuuuuuut.

Someone dropped out of nationals. Which means - that's right - the next duo in line gets to go.

Guess who was next in line???!!!!!

Yep. So Winnie-the-Pooh, the "childish selection" duo, the "let's-throw-this-together-in-2-weeks-so-we-can-go-to-Idaho" duo: is going to Nationals!!!

I'm super excited, to say the least!! We're gonna get creamed for sure, but hey. I'm just excited it gets to go, that I'll have more to do during that week, and Oooh, I'm so excited. :)

3 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, Hannah! That is soooo awesome!! I can see God working in your life and through your speeches! :) I mean think about it, if you had not had the DQ at Regionals (as unfortunate as it was...) then you still wouldn't realize that they didn't want you to wear that shirt and you might have been disqualified at Nationals! And now you also get the roll-down slot for Duo! I am just so happy for you. This totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPEE!!! YAY! That is soooo AWESOME! God most definitely had a plan for you amazing speeches! I am completely overjoyed for you!

    I miss you, too. :)

    Love,

    ~ Danielle Elizabeth ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you! That's great! I really loved your duo. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!