Thursday, May 17

In Memory.

Coherent thought fails me whenever I try to finish writing this post...it's been in my drafts for about a week now, so I'm just going to post it as it is. In memory of a beautiful human soul who is now in the presence of his glorious Savior.

I never knew Josh Eddy, but he's made an impact on my life regardless. My good friend Tianna is engaged to his brother, but aside from the occasional social-network comment, I never met him.

But you only need to read a few of his blog posts to know that he was a kid on fire for God. He was passionate, certain, and lived a vibrant life. The thought, depth, and passion in his writing and his life is evident in almost every way.

I can't claim the kind of friendship that many of my close friends have had, but since his death, my heart aches for his family and friends in a way it has not yet before.

Death is something that has yet to make its way into my life -- yet the passing of Josh Eddy has made me think about it more than ever. It has reminded me how precious and fragile life is. It haunts me to know that it could happen to any of my own siblings or friends -- but I'm starting to realize that I cannot live my life in such fear of it.

Josh certainly didn't. He wrote this post just a month ago.

"If a grenade dropped into the middle of my squad, you better believe that I would drop and wrap that thing in my arms against my chest to save them. Yet somehow I lack the motivation to die to myself daily and live for Christ and others in the small things. To read my Bible and pray: what am I really giving up? Forty five minutes of sleep?"

I want to live a life like Josh did. Not fretting over little things that aren't important, but living, seeking, growing, consistently aiming to know God more.

"To surrender a precious dream is a fearful thing, but to pursue anything but the full measure of the glory of God’s love is a wasted life." -Josh Eddy

To surrender a precious dream. What dreams am I clinging to that are preventing me from living -- truly living?

He lived -- and died -- well.

And that's the beauty of a life lived with purpose. He impacted lives that he never knew, people he'd never met.

Will you be able to say the same? Is my heart sold out on the single goal of knowing my Creator?

Please take the time to look at Josh's blog. His writing is absolutely amazing. Lastly, here are some memorable posts by friends of mine - Alexa (check out this one by her also), Paul, Ariel, Emily, Grace, Tianna. Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.

Josh, I wish I had been able to know you in person. Thank you for living for Christ and setting an example for so many people, including myself, to follow. You have left a legacy that will not quickly be forgotten, and will live on for so many years even though your body does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!