Wednesday, February 1

Happy Monday!

Oh wait, it's Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure I just live in perpetual mondays....or it could be that I didn't have school yesterday and that threw off my little mental picture of where I was in the week and so now it feels like Monday all over again. O.o

I'm starting to think days off aren't quite a good idea as they seem....

But anyhow, I am here to introduce you to "Blimey Cow" or...I think his name is Jordan? Anyways, cool Christian youtuber for you to check out.

He made this oisome video on Monday about smartphones and the overuse of technology, and has thus gone at least 65 points up on my awesome list. (that's a lot of points)

Be sure to check out "10 ways to get girls to like you," "If you are a Christian you have to be happy all the time," and "Stupid stuff people do on the internet," and "Seven lies about homeschoolers." =P




"Would our waitresses be doomed to 2% tips??!!"

"My brain is a miracle! This is just a piece of nuts bolts! ...Did you just tweet me?!"

"I'm still partial to the original form of communication...I don't know if you've heard of it, it's called talking with your mouth!!"

"It's like we WANT Pixar's Wall-E to come true!!"

"I mean, come on! How could a human being with a soul compare to Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja??"

Also, disclaimer: I'm not saying you're dumb if you have a smartphone, because I know several highly intelligent people who own smartphones. I just think our culture's overuse of technology is ridiculous -- to the point that sometimes (like in this video), it's funny.

3 comments:

  1. I watched those videos yesterday and loved him... Then I watched some of his other videos and no longer like him much. Some of his other videos are a poor witness for Christ. Especially his "Three Types of Churches."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Blimey Cow's stuff.
    @Shadou, I sort of feel that way about some of his stuff, too, but the thing is, what he's saying is true, and I think he's making them more for Christians, to open our eyes, rather than as a witness to non-Christians. Yes, maybe he ought to do things a bit differently, but I haven't seen a single video of his that I actually disagreed with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Emily, there were two problems. One problem is that, in his "Three Types of Churches," he left no room for an actual godly church. He basically said, "Sorry, but all churches fit into one of these three categories that I just made up and stereotyped." He didn't leave any room for a church to become a "fourth type" of church, namely a Christ-following Biblically-based church. I read through the comments on that, and far too many people were agreeing that *all* churches were like that. Sorry, but my church doesn't fit any of his stereotypes. Yet according to him, it must, because there are "only three types of churches".
      The second problem is that, while he might be intending them more for Christians, he is using YouTube, a primarily secular website, where primarily secular people are going to see his videos. If you read the comments, such is the distinct impression I got - non-Christian and nominal Christians all essentially agreeing that churches are stupid/pointless -- which I don't think is the point he wanted to make.
      But that's just my two cents.
      - Paul.

      Delete

I love comments!