Rarely does something like this hit my blog moments after it hits the Narnia fan-base. But here it is. Magician's Nephew is officially going to be the next movie.
That's right. Only a couple hours ago, The Christian Post published an article confirming that Walden Media was planning to make this movie next in the series. You can read our post at Aslan's Country HERE.
My first reaction: YES! WE GET ANOTHER NARNIA MOVIE!
My second reaction: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
My second reaction: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I really really really really want to see Silver Chair made. I think it has fabulous potential if they market it correctly. It has a plot, contrasting characters, an evil guy too! It even has lessons, Aslan appears, and the opportunity to build characters is amazing.
While they're going to be able to market this as a prequel, they're going to have to be REALLY careful...with a lot of stuff. The Magician's Nephew has a magic to it that the other books don't - and while I could abide more plot changes in Silver Chair because of it's nature, I will not abide much for this one. They'd better get it right.
Hear that, Walden? You be careful this time. Aslan's Country is watching you.
What are your thoughts?
I'm not that excited.
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm actually thrilled. Apart from The Horse and His Boy and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I think The Magicians Nephew is my favorite and it should make a fantastic film! Thanks for sharing this, Hannah! I'm super excited for it now!
ReplyDeleteMy reactions are almost identical to yours ;) The Silver Chair is one of my favorites in the series, and I reeeeeally wanted to see that same Eustace in the Silver Chair, because he was amazing. But, this one could be super as well! I can't wait ^_^
ReplyDeleteI'm super excited about it, mostly because it's the best children's series and anything they do to build it up more is fine with me! I just finished re-reading Magician's Nephew. :)
ReplyDeleteI simply don't understand why they would do the Magician's Nephew first instead of the Silver Chair- but I'm looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE 'The Magician's Nephew'! I'm so glad they are doing that one next. So excited!
ReplyDelete