Saturday, March 27

(Don't) Look Back and Wonder...

There's 3 sides to "bittersweet", you know. There's "bittersweet", "bittersweet", and then just "bittersweet". Today was "bittersweet". The sort of tears you cry not because you're angry, not because you're sad, not because you're happy....just a sharp sort of throb in your heart where people used to be. It's like when you see someone and you're overjoyed to see them but it makes you realize how much you miss them and you can't seem to get enough of their company before you have to leave them again.

I need to make a list of all the precious few, absolutely FABULOUS days I have.

Today, I saw a bunch of my amazing good friends I haven't seen in a long time, got more hugs than I've had since I left church, and probably cried more than I have in the past month. I also got to talk to my big sister on the phone and do some catching up with another good friend I haven't seen in a year.

I saw so, so many people today that I miss a lot. But it was still a good day. A bittersweet day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a day filled with hugs and catching up with people you love. :) *hugs Hannah* wish I could give you a real hug. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah,

    Glad you had a good day. Speaking of not seeing friends for a while, we really need to get together again!!! Hope to see you soon. :)
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!