This life is wild and precious.
I only have one.
Each day, each moment, each year -- it will only happen once.
It is not a safe journey. It is not a comfortable trail.
And I am not fearless. I am a coward, I am afraid of pain and suffering, I am afraid of losing, afraid of letting myself go into the unknown. Afraid of not being liked, afraid of failure...the list is endless.
But that fear is alright, because I am not on a journey to become a fearless hero. I am on a journey to know my Creator. To seek and find the truth.
That fear is alright, because I have a God who is beyond me. Even if I don't feel comfortable in my own skin...my God did not make me for this world.
There was this moment this past weekend in which I found myself sandwiched in the backseat of a friend's car as a surprise for her birthday. Head down, feet tucked under -- trying to be as inconspicuous and small as possible.
I watched glimpses of trees blip past my small, poorly angled view of the window -- able only to wonder what was really going on when the brakes were slammed on or the road suddenly got bumpy. And I had no concept of when we'd get there or how long the trip was.
But listening to the music coming from the speakers, loving the voices and conversations of the driver and passenger, I realized I was able to enjoy each moment while it was there because there was no telling -- not even the slightest hint -- of how long it would be there.
The end of my story is unknown.
The reasons behind events I encounter are unseen.
My view of reality is skewed, narrow, limited.
And I am not fearless.
But perhaps I can be brave. Perhaps I can have courage.
Perhaps this abyss holds adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!