Okay, maybe not.
So, I'm sitting here, trying to think up of a witty way to start this post so that you'll read it.
Huh?
Oh come on, everyone knows that you'll only read blog posts with interesting titles and/or first 2.3 sentences.
Unless you're one of those madly devoted followers who clings to every word a person says like it was sent from heaven above.
But I don't think I have any followers like that.
(on that note, do we cling to God's words like they were sent from heaven above? cause you know, they kinda are.)
Anyhow. I've got this weird writing style stuck in my head because, guess what? I just read a blog with a similar writing style, and it got stuck in my head.
Yeah, I'm one of those people who feeds off of others creativity. Get over it, you know I have your attention now. (come on, you gotta admit it was pretty witty. I couldn't do it more than once though, darn this creativity thing.) (hence why the post is witty, and the title is dumb)
;)
But now that I've wasted a perfectly good 45 seconds of your life, I'll tell you why I'm blogging at 11pm at night.
I want to share with you Jon Acuff's blog. He's got two, actually.
I came across this post this evening, and wow...let me tell you that man can write some powerful stuff. (Go read it. Now. You can read the rest of this later. )
(aw, aren't you devoted! you're still reading!)
I've never heard of him before, aside from a hazy memory of picking up his book in the bookshop of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (wilst in Boston) and being mildly amused.
I haven't scoured his website or been a long time reader, but in only reading a few posts on his blog, it's evident that he loves the Lord.
The cool part is? He's human, just like you and me.
I feel like it's so rare to find blog authors who are bluntly honest. People put up so many masks in hopes that it will attract attention. (of course, they'd never say that, because you know...that'd be....honest.)
But lately, I just need to know that I'm not the only one. And even if he's famous, he's a sinner saved by grace...just like me.
Rest assured, this is not the last you'll hear of this blog on my blog. It's like hearing a good sermon, one that God wrote for you....so refreshing.
The thing is, I really really want you to go read his blog. No, I'm not advertising, the stuff on there is amazing.
Jesus Christ is the formula killer. He won’t behave according to our formulas. He won’t fit into our incredibly tiny expectations. He refuses to be controlled by our logic. {Jon Acuff}
Check it out, then tell me what you think.
Actually, no. If you checked out the blog, and you liked it, comment. Hopefully that won't scare you away from checking out the blog for fear of being guilted into commenting....rather it will enticingly woo you to type into the comment box....okay I'll stop now.
I read Your WHOLE post, and the linked to post...WOW. It is amazing.
ReplyDelete