Monday, July 18

You've got to be kidding me.

No wait, that's right, I live in Seattle.

Check out this article on summer in Seattle this year.

Yeah. We've only had 78 minutes (mind you, that is 1 hour and 18 minutes) of weather over 80 degrees. All summer.

Okay that's just depressing. How about weather over 75 degrees?

18 hours and 48 minutes.

Dude, that's not even a full day, you realize?!

ALL SUMMER.

I'm sure all you crazy cloud-loving people are just tickled, but I mean, really. 80 degrees isn't all that hot compared to what the rest of the country is getting right now. I'm sitting here feeling like I should have homework to do, that's how dreary it is.

The grass is still green!

Oh Seattle, you grieve my soul.

6 comments:

  1. Totally believe it. It is scary (And what happened to global warming??? I want!!!) =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooooooo, this has been the best summer EVER! =]

    and you're totally the crazy one.... ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been over 100 degrees for almost every day so far this month where I live. I'm one of those crazy cloud-loving people you mentioned, so Seattle is definitely sounding great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for He is good!

    In everything give thanks.

    Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving. . . Who covers the heavens with clouds, who prepares rain for the earth, who makes grass to grow on the mountains.

    I have to agree with Bridget- this has been one of my favorite summers also. I don't like weather over 75 degrees, and bright sunshine hurts my eyes, so it has been absolutely lovely for me.

    And I don't think your stats are quite accurate either. I'm sure it's been over 80 longer than two hours this summer in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, that weather sounds pretty delicious to me. We had one day of autumn-like weather a few days ago, but now we're back to summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I basically said this to a lady at the store, and got gently but soundly rebuked for my ingratitude :)
    But I still think: this weather has been strange. I do not like it so well.
    Strangely enough. THIS HAS ALSO BEEN AN AWESOME SUMMER!
    So I go with both ways of the argument.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!