Sunday, March 11

The story's not over yet.

I've always been one to hate new changes. I dislike giving up the way things used to be -- I like my ways, and I like the way we do things.

But if I never find new things to like, or new ways of doing things, I'll never grow. I'll never change. If I always only listen to the same music and read the same books and do the same thing -- hold onto life as it is, I will become a nobody who does nothing.

It's complacency in its worst, it's a refusal to grow. I can embrace changes without having to ignore what I am leaving behind. I can rejoice in sweet memories while being able to freely let them be just what they are: memories. If things always only stayed the same, I would never learn anything.

And learning -- understanding -- is a fountain of life. (Prov. 16:21) and "the only way to stay young is to keep learning" (Michael Apted)

To discover the truth, one must first give up one's idea of what the truth should be.

So broaden your scope, young heart! Let the changes happen, let the old chapters end. Turn the page to bright, beautiful, new ones. Delight in what you have now, don't dwell on what you wish you had. Life is thrilling, beautiful, wild, and precious. Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!