This year, I dare to live a life of extravagant happiness.
I will live.
I will give 101%.
I will strive to understand before I am understood.
I will live fully, laugh often, and love always.
I will love my life and the people in it, because that's exactly where God wants me.
I don't think it's possible to live with no regrets. I think there will always be things I regret. I think I will always get to the end of a year and look back and wish I could have done a few things differently. I'm not always going to be fully satisfied with my own attempts at perfection, but that's because I'm not perfect.
To put it the way Jon Acuff does -- "I don't want the best of what [Hannah Dokupil] is capable. That’s small and tiny and insignificant. I want to experience the best of what God is capable. A supernatural God who breathed life into me and set the stars in place and moves with as much mystery and creativity as he did when he wrote a message on the wall for a king or burned a talking bush for a prophet."
I don't want to be satisfied by my own efforts. I want to be satisfied by a God who is greater than I am.
I'm not making new years resolutions this year, because I always fail them. I'm not going to resolve to be anything that I'm not. I'm not going to raise my own expectations so high I can't reach them. I simply am going to be. I'm going to live, and I'm going to learn. When I get to the end of 2012, I'm going to say that this year, I grew.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!