They've come out with a NEW Dawn Treader trailer!!
Okay, okay. I know you're probably dead sick of the endless posts about Aslan's Country, Narnia, Dawn Treader...bear with me. Only 63 days longer...then I'll calm down. (after I post a nice little review)
[WARNING: major spoilers!]
I love that we get to see more of Eustace - both as himself and as a dragon. There's a lot more of Dark Island, which worries me some because Edmund seems as if he's just about to give into whatever it is the White Witch is tempting him to do. In Prince Caspian, Edmund was the strongest against the White Witch's power - I'd hate to see him be so weak in this one.
The whole "searching-for-the-swords-to-save-Narnia" is pretty cheesy. Not ever Narnia book is about "the fate of Narnia rests on YOU!" sort of theme, but it seems like they've incorporated that into this movie. But if that's the only major change and they don't do any character changes, I think I'll be okay with it.
I'm loving Lilliandil. And Ramandu's Island - so far it's looking amazing.And the Magician's Island. We haven't seen very much of Narrowhaven except for fighting scenes.
Excitement grows!!
LOVE. THIS. TRAILER!!!! :D
ReplyDelete}:D{
The trailer looks cool, but it's a bit of a jolt to see how the whole plot of the book is going to be changed into 'you must save Narnia'. I've read the book many times- it's going to take me some time to get used to the plot in the movie. I also think the 'save Narnia' thing is a bit cheesy, because it seems like every time the Pevensies have gone to Narnia, they've had to rescue it. And when will the White Witch go away and die?? Haha. Anyway, the trailer looks neat. I'm looking forward to the movie.
ReplyDeleteWhat I REALLY hope doesn't happen is that they turn the White Witch in to "The Villain of the Narnia Series" Like it's some battle between Aslan vs. the Witch. This is what happens when non-christian filmmakers trying to adapt a christian movie. It's cool that they're trying to maintain the Christian aspect of the film, but the problem is is that they don't understand what Christianity is about. They know that "true evil never dies" and it's true. Satan is always present in the Chronicles. The White Witch was just a form of Satan, and he was defeated. The evil is not DEAD, the devil is not DEAD, but the death of the White Witch was a way of showing the DEFEAT OF THE DEVIL. The white which is DEAD! DEAD DEAD DEAD! The Wicked Witch is Dead! Why can't the understand that????
ReplyDelete